Chickens huddling together when sleeping

chickenluver14

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2022
Hi! I'm not completely sure whether I should put this in raising chicks but they are 5 weeks old so I think it's okay.

So my chicks are 5 weeks old, and after keeping them inside with a heat lamp and brooder, we are deciding to put them outside. This is there first night and they are huddling up, it's not cold (75 degrees F) so I was
IMG_2777.jpeg
just wondering whether this is normal. A picture is attached :)

Hi! I'm not completely sure whether I should put this in raising chicks but they are 5 weeks old so I think it's okay.

So my chicks are 5 weeks old, and after keeping them inside with a heat lamp and brooder, we are deciding to put them outside. This is there first night and they are huddling up, it's not cold (75 degrees F) so I wasView attachment 3212942 just wondering whether this is normal. A picture is attached :)
It’s a cuddle puddle!
Yes normal. But they look a bit exposed there. I am assuming they are in a predator proof coop, but even so they might appreciate some cardboard walls in two sides so they don’t feel exposed and out in the open.

It's normal. Is that cage in a secure coop? A coon could readily reach into that pen and tear them apart.

It’s a cuddle puddle!
Yes normal. But they look a bit exposed there. I am assuming they are in a predator proof coop, but even so they might appreciate some cardboard walls in two sides so they don’t feel exposed and out in the open.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OVUBOAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
We just bought that cage. What do you recommend to protect them?

Back
Top Bottom