Chickens in Bethlehem PA

I know this is an old post but if you are still interested, let's do it!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for like-minded people to join me (or let me join in) in a local urban chicken movement. Just found out that just to apply (APPLY!) for a zoning variance it costs $400 and then there's no guarantee of course of getting approved. Ridiculous. And explaining that owning a few chickens is no different than owning a few dogs fell on decidedly deaf ears. HELP!
big_smile.png

I went ahead and got myself a small group of chickens. I've had them for months now and my neighbors don't even have a clue. I keep the coop clean and they are thankfully really quiet. I've been looking for others to help me change the ordinance here. It is old and outdated.

I live in Bethlehem(18020). Http://www.plan-9.com
I also live in Bethlehem. I just gave up my small flock because our dog was too interested. I was told three years ago that chickens were illegal although the animal officer told me that "as long as they aren't a nuisance and there aren't complaints, they don't actively look for them." I know of several people within city limits who have them. I would pay money to have a permit but was told it was not possible.

Back
Top Bottom