Chickens in College?! :o

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
I have been thinking, in a few years I will be going to college and I will have to find a home for all of my chickens. When I graduate they will of most likely died of old age by then... So I am curious has anybody else bring their chickens to college and did they thrive?
Tell me your story, please! :D

I have been looking it up and only found stories from these Liberal colleges or something. :confused:
Recommended culinary colleges that allow chickens will be greatly appreciated.

I want to follow this thread! You take your chickens to college, it might make me want to reconsider! Chickens in college! The smartest chickens in the state! Wow! :eek: I thought of going to college to be a vet, but eight years and no chickens never sounded appealing to me. Wow! Cool! I'm going to have to tell my sister who is in Faith Bible College in Charleston, ME!

Honestly, I've been thinking of bringing a pair of bantams with me to college. Not sure how the crowing would be though, so maybe just girls. Let me know what you find out!
So far my plan is to call the college for permission. I'll be going to college in a few years so it might take a while. :confused:

I want to follow this thread! You take your chickens to college, it might make me want to reconsider! Chickens in college! The smartest chickens in the state! Wow! :eek: I thought of going to college to be a vet, but eight years and no chickens never sounded appealing to me. Wow! Cool! I'm going to have to tell my sister who is in Faith Bible College in Charleston, ME!
Like most colleges, you need to ask if you can bring your dog there and chickens are considered as farm animals so your sister might or might not be able to bring chickens to her college.

I knew that, maybe they'd use them for lessons! I just don't know about the crowing. And having them cooped up in a cage for 8-10 years seems sort of cruel. Maybe quail? It will be a few years before I go to college, though.
Roosters would most likely never be allowed because colleges are usually in town limits and owning a rooster in town is most of the time illegal. I don't think the chickens will be that upset because I have heard about many stories of people raising 2-3 (preferably 3) chickens in their houses and they live in harmony. They give the chickens occasional walks also.

Also, button quails are so tiny and require less space so if you want to then you'll have to bring it up with your college I guess. :confused:

I have been thinking, in a few years I will be going to college and I will have to find a home for all of my chickens. When I graduate they will of most likely died of old age by then... So I am curious has anybody else bring their chickens to college and did they thrive?
Tell me your story, please! :D

I have been looking it up and only found stories from these Liberal colleges or something. :confused:
Recommended culinary colleges that allow chickens will be greatly appreciated.
Anything is possible. They sell chicken diapers now. There's people living with their chicken inside their apartments. :frow:frow:frowtrue story LOL
I have one rooster 12 weeks old that is an indoor pet. LOL

Attachments

• 20201014_102650.jpg
    20201014_102650.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom