Chickens in College?! :o

Statement of the obvious--read the rules for the college in question, and if you want an exception try asking. The dorm rules I have read said NO pets, some with an exception for fish if the tank was under a certain size. But individual colleges are sure to have slightly different policies.

Roosters would most likely never be allowed because colleges are usually in town limits and owning a rooster in town is most of the time illegal. I don't think the chickens will be that upset because I have heard about many stories of people raising 2-3 (preferably 3) chickens in their houses and they live in harmony. They give the chickens occasional walks also.

Also, button quails are so tiny and require less space so if you want to then you'll have to bring it up with your college I guess. :confused:
True, maybe just a few bantam hens. Or some button quail- that way they could have loads of space in a small cage.

Anything is possible. They sell chicken diapers now. There's people living with their chicken inside their apartments. :frow:frow:frowtrue story LOL
I have one rooster 12 weeks old that is an indoor pet. LOL
Oh, yeah, there are now chicken diapers!

That is a cute rooster! 😍

Quick question since he is an indoor pet do you have to wash him or give him access to a dust bathing area? Also, is crowing a problem?

Anything is possible. They sell chicken diapers now. There's people living with their chicken inside their apartments. :frow:frow:frowtrue story LOL
I have one rooster 12 weeks old that is an indoor pet. LOL
Oh, I forgot the cat too. 🤪 😂 🤪 😂

Attachments

• 20201017_184815.jpg
    20201017_184815.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 3
Statement of the obvious--read the rules for the college in question, and if you want an exception try asking. The dorm rules I have read said NO pets, some with an exception for fish if the tank was under a certain size. But individual colleges are sure to have slightly different policies.
True but I am still interested in hearing some people's stories about how it was like, is it ok for the chickens, and what colleges allow it. 😁

Back
Top Bottom