Chickens in the rain

cindy99

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Tioga County PA
I let them out of the coop this morning and they have been out ever since! Both of them are soaked and it's like they don't even notice. Henry came up and peeked in the door so I opened it to tell him how silly he was and the two of them just ran right in! We had to carry them all the way out to the chicken coop. They seem to be staying in there for right now.
smile.png

62514_hs_inside.jpg

I used to worry about mine(this is our first year w/ chickens) being out in the rain. unless it's absolutely torrential rain, they'll wander around like nothing's going on, sometimes they get soaked! they have a nice dry coop and a covered run and several other places to take shelter, but noooo...silly chickens.
gig.gif
wee.gif

but now that it's getting colder, I just might be shooing them in the coop more often

Mine are usually out when it rains, unless it's a heavy downfall. They can get pretty bedraggled if it rains lightly all day. Never seems to bother them. They know where the coop is, and go in during really heavy rain -- then are out again as soon as it slows down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom