chickens in track housing

mrsnorwood09

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
Hello, I currently live in a track home..meaning I have neighbors on both sides of me. my year is not tiny but it is not huge either. I would really like to get 2 or 3 hens and set up a large coop on my side yard. Does anyone have any experience with having hens in a track home? I have never had them before and I honestly dont know all that much about them. Are they loud and will they bother my neighbors? I have already checked with my city and I can have up to 4...any tips?

We don't exactly live in a tract home neighborhood, but we are in the suburbs. Our girls are in a small raised coop and run that is tucked up to our house and is separated from our nearest neighbors by our driveway ad their side yard. Their bedroom window faces the coop but we've never had complaints. I talked it ver with the neighbors before we decided to get chickens. We did have one hen a few years back who decided to start crowing so she moved out to the country with som friends. As long as their run isn't in a wet area of the yard and you keep I relatively clean you shouldn't have problems unless you have crappy neighbors who are against you having chickens in the first place.

I think I'll just go ahead and do it..I have to hear their squawking 4 year old twins Cursin ad fighting and screaming EVERY sing day ALL DAY!! Sonic they want the chickens gone then they can get rid of their children :)

As long as you meet city and HOA requirements (if you have them) you should be fine. I would avoid a rooster if at all possible to minimize any potential angst from neighbors.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom