I like it rough!!!
wink.png
but you can't deny it either!

Deny deny DENY!
hide.gif

lau.gif

Look how many times you :smack ed me!!!
Gotta keep you in your place :gig

Turk, I meant to ask yesterday, and forgot. I don't think you were around for the accent discussion on my ex-thread. I know you are from LA, and yesterday, when you posted Baton Rouge CL, I got to wondering what you sound like. Do you pronounce it Batten Rouge, or Bah Tone Rouge? Please say the second one! I'd love to read your posts with that accent stuck in my head  :D

:p i was raised a city girl in speech class what-do-u think? I auctually had a speech impediment, and now days my friends still make fun of how proper i speak! i cant help that i was trained. When i visit anywhere north though, they claim i have an accent *shrug* if u can imagine, i dont hear it, so my answer is, no but others say yes lol

My basic rule is that the person from farthest away has the thickest accent.

This is my longest multi-quote to date! :oops:
I just learned about this! It's called "pinioning". You break off a piece of the wing when the duckling is under 12 weeks and they will never fly. People are big on doing it to certain breeds. Personally, I would never do it. Just like I'd never clip a dogs ears. But that's just my 2 cents.
Very interesting! I'm not exaggerating but all the ads on my craigslist are like the "bad" ad.
X2! That's what I was going to say!! :gig
Wow! That's a real egg!?! If I had LOTS of time on my hands, I would love to learn to do that. Maybe in 20 years when all my kids are in college. It's truly beautiful!
I would appreciate that. I'll probably pm you when I get ready to do it. Here's the pics he sent me. He was a little flirty, so I should be extra nice! :gig
If I can get them and hatch them, can ducks be shipped? (if you were interested)?

:lau
Thanks for posting this. I plan on advertising on CL come spring, so all of this talk and examples has helped me a lot.
If I was a woman on a mission, I bet I could find it in under 30 mins. You have no idea the PI skills women have when they need too!! :gig
Exactly!! LMBO!
I could never have a drake without a mate for it. I'd feel to bad. My neighbor/landlord owns my whole street and he has over a dozen peacocks (what could be louder!) so, if any of my neighbors complained, they'd have to complain to him and I just don't see that happening, I hope! :fl

Dang it, Ruby! You didn't say they were Blue Magpies... gah, I want some of those eggs... :/

Can't ship live birds unless you are NPIP and AI tested... and would never ship Calls as ducklings, only older juvies or adults... just too risky for them to be injured, so I wouldn't do it...

And as for pinioning, no I don't agree with it... if there's a worry then keep a covered run, and/or clip wings... pinioning to me is like declawing a cat, unnatural and cruel to an animals natural instincts... JMHO...

Here's the link to the worming thread... you can just subscribe so it's saved for when you need it... dosages are in it, but if you have questions you can ask Kathy and she'll answer you... :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-and-wormer-misinformations-graphic-pictures

Be careful. Your husband will wonder who that redneck is that keeps calling every 15 minutes saying "I'd like a number 19, shrimp, extra wasabi"

I can so see that! :gig

That was really long! I talked him out of pinioning and into covering the run but i have to give in if thats what He wants to do. I have to hold steady at: to each his own. I never liked the looks of a dogs ears cropped but with some breeds and some doggie jobs i can see it being neccesary. I really really wish i could have my dogs tails done, but thats because im looking at pittbull tails that will leave bruises! Theres a reason for some cropping, like That, and so i just kinda sit back: "to each his own." JMHO

Im glad to be able to help, im really no guru or anything, but i did study marketing 10 yrs ago as well as entrepreneurship and speech. Its helped me alot, i may have stolen a few text books ;)

Those calls you posted are breaking my heart! I want miniture ducks, its settled, now what and Where, after Where Will They Live?! It was all your fault, u got "mandarin" stuck in my head and it jus wont go away... I know my friend would spoil the mess out of any pet she took so i wasnt concerned about them but now u have me feelin bad thinkn bout an all male flock again... Anyone, please weigh in on your feelings regarding this.

There's nothing wrong with an all drake flock... my first Call hatch ended up being 4 drakes... they were just fine, happy, healthy boys hanging out together...

Who are you and what'd you do with SC?????

I have used that one myself
the-campaign-hits-baby.gif

Ah, there you are... :lau

That pic was spose to b n the first post, hubbys favorite Chicken, he also has a fav duck.

But then i went an shoveled some bull sh*t... Took him out an tied him up to begin lead training. Cant call it halter training cuz i have no halter. Made one out of rope, did a bad job an he got it off.

They say to leave him there for three or four hours, untill hes good and hungry, then lead him back to his pen w the bottle. This teachs him to respect the lead, and only go where i want him to go, if its done with consistency at least...

He is Not happy w me right now but still adorable :love

Sounds like you're doing good with him... biggest thing to remember is never leave him thinking he got his way... always leave after you've gotten him to do something YOU wanted him to do... they are stubborn and will remember little wins... :/

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!! :lau. :lau

Tonight is day 7 so I will post a candling update afterwards!!!

Let me know... have some from this week, but looks like they stopped laying again... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom