Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls Night In...I really needed this. Hubby's up hunting with his dad, son's at a Halloween party, daughter and her boyfriend went to Niagara Falls ON for the weekend. Just me and the dog hanging out making beef jerky to fuel the next hunting trip, as I got an urgent text this afternoon that the jerky supplies were depleted and they'd have to come home early tomorrow. After a couple days in the marinade I'll fire up the smoker. I also sent up a package of my new breakfast sausage recipe. They ate two days' worth this morning, so I got a few pork butts to make some more.
Bygob that looks yummy!

Found a dead golden comet in the coop this morning. Still trying to figure out cause, but I'm leaning toward eggbound. No predator signs, no bugs, no trauma. Just laying there dead. :hit

Sausage making day, yay! I am cubing and grinding four big ole pork butts, and I am mixing up my secret recipe spice blends and making sage breakfast sausage (bulk and links), maple breakfast sausage links, probably going to experiment with a small batch of bacon sausage (using fat from smoked bacon slabs) and Italian Sausage. I need to find a better Italian Sausage recipe, mine is too bland.

Found a dead golden comet in the coop this morning. Still trying to figure out cause, but I'm leaning toward eggbound. No predator signs, no bugs, no trauma. Just laying there dead. :hit

Oh no! Is there any discharge from the vent? I watch a hen kick over on me from an internal broken egg... there was a disruption in the flock and the new king roo was way too rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom