Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the She Said/He Said thread got wiped out in the massive SPAM issues... looks like it's completely gone this time... wouldn't let me find it through my email either...

Oh no! Is there any discharge from the vent? I watch a hen kick over on me from an internal broken egg... there was a disruption in the flock and the new king roo was way too rough.

I pulled something leathery from her vent, and tried to feel up in there, but I don't really know. All the others seem fine. Egg production is down but I attributed that to shorter daylight so I hope its not something contagious.

Sausage making day, yay!  I am cubing and grinding four big ole pork butts, and I am mixing up my secret recipe spice blends and making sage breakfast sausage (bulk and links), maple breakfast sausage links, probably going to experiment with a small batch of bacon sausage (using fat from smoked bacon slabs) and Italian Sausage.  I need to find a better Italian Sausage recipe, mine is too bland.

You can't go wrong with more garlic! I love garlic..... yummy. Maybe it's just a matter of tweaking the recipient you have? Try adding some lemon peel or some wine and soy sauce. Ground mustard will add a nice punch too.

don't have to sell the incubator just the chickens . calf needs a barn. so have to built a barn. then calf needs pasture so build new fence . and the calf be just like the fish she want it I take care of it .just like chicken she want it I take care of it. figured if I take of the chicken might as well try to make money. but it don't work like it should lot of chicken little bit money . you forget I don't hear well and don't listen at all. or at least pretend not to .she is just stressed out over Ben and dealing with the state over his affairs she doses the paper work and I take care of Ben. she went with the grand children trick or treating and came home with a smile tonight . and this is going to get me in trouble but women express their opinion with vigor most of the time. a good set of head phones or bad hearing fix it every time .
gig.gif
I become harder of hearing every. single. day. But I suffer from misophonia. . . http://www.sickchirpse.com/misophonia-creative/

mine next wondered where you been
frow.gif
Hay, girl!!!

Darn tootin'. Halloween was another washout. No real identified costumes, everything just looks like drowned rats. Is it superman? Is it batman?
gig.gif

Glad it held off for us. Now I'm looking forward to this lazy, rainy, Sunday, before the stinky, sloppy Tuesday to come.

Im tripn, they took ma's thread away!

The narcissist in me says it's b/c I came back.
Sausage making day, yay! I am cubing and grinding four big ole pork butts, and I am mixing up my secret recipe spice blends and making sage breakfast sausage (bulk and links), maple breakfast sausage links, probably going to experiment with a small batch of bacon sausage (using fat from smoked bacon slabs) and Italian Sausage. I need to find a better Italian Sausage recipe, mine is too bland.
Why didn't the fates land me closer to you? I'm drooling over your jerky, Walnut. I can't eat that conventional stuff so it's been way too long.

Fingers crossed for you! Are you suspecting a virus?

I'm suspecting she was egg bound. Hubby saw one (we "think" it was her) sitting in a tote of shallow water (maybe an inch deep) yesterday and acting sluggish. Not running around with the others. But we have always had one loner.

Sorry about your comet, WV. When stuff like that happens, I don't know what bugs me worse, the death or the mystery.

Thanks. The mystery is driving me nuts, creating more concern for the others. I know chickens die, but I don't want to miss something that could prevent problems with the gang.

You can't go wrong with more garlic! I love garlic..... yummy. Maybe it's just a matter of tweaking the recipient you have? Try adding some lemon peel or some wine and soy sauce. Ground mustard will add a nice punch too.

I'm going to add whole yellow mustard and cracked black pepper to the grilling sausages. I've been toying with the idea of making "chili dogs" too. And I might make a batch of ring bologna as I have some of the bottom round left from jerky making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom