Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now smack him.......
Have fun!!! We had a good time. Going to lockdown Wednesday! !!!! I think I lost another silkie so leaves me with 3. But we shall see!!!!

Someone on another thread just lost 3/4 silkie hens last night to a bear.
1f62d.png
not a good day for silkies... sorry.

I wonder why Brinsea has such a great reputation.

The Brinsea Ova-Easy I just bought was manufactured in 2006, and the turner motor is missing (replaced with a generic tabletop egg turner motor).  So I contact them to buy a new turner motor.

"Oh, that model is really old.  We don't have parts for those anymore."

So I reply that I just bought a 19 year old GQF with a bad turner, and every functional part is available at reasonable price from the manufacturer.  But if the part isn't available, please provide me with the specifications for the original part, and the catalog number so I can search for one from aftermarket sources.  And please provide the assembly instructions that were originally provided so I can verify things are put together correctly, and if you can help me with the timer delay settings on the PCB that would be great.

Waiting for a reply...

You may have frightened them! Lol! You probably know more about the product than they do! Give them time, they have to look up the definition of the words to get to the research.

Sorry to hear about the silkie. :(

I know it's sad by its still in the shell. ;)

BQ is overlooked a lot in the hype over SQ... most BQ is labeled as such by the more knowledgeable and honest breeders that just don't show their stock... culls are culled for a reason, but someone selling BQ means they'd use them in breeding but just don't need them as their others are slightly better or they have too many too keep all of them...

*this is a general rule, btw... there are still dishonest breeders out there that will use anything to sell off their extras, but odds are if they care enough to make a distinction then they're more reliable...*
If she doesn't get a couple Silkies this round, she'll get more in Spring... :)

You so sweet!!!!! :hugs

Someone on another thread just lost 3/4 silkie hens last night to a bear.
1f62d.png
not a good day for silkies... sorry.

Awwwww. ...that is super sad. Worse than mine. As I posted earlier it's still in the shell. So it's not like I have an emotional attachment yet. ;)

Honestly, if I was gonna buy a new cabinet bator straight from the source, I'd go with a Dickey... good solid bators and unbeatable in personal customer service... just hope it will continue after Mr. Dickey is no longer available... :/

Someone on my local thread has a dickys 2x2 and he loves it. He told me he uses it for staggerd hatchs too, just moving those to hatch down to the hatching section. I asked how he solved the humidity problem, and he says he didnt have to., he runs at 50% regularly... Whats your take on this? Anyone at all please? I tried to just be polite and brush it off, but it came up as i was discussing buying another bator as a hatcher for my spring hatchs... Cuz somehow setting 50 eggs isnt enough?! :he

Someone on my local thread has a dickys 2x2 and he loves it. He told me he uses it for staggerd hatchs too, just moving those to hatch down to the hatching section. I asked how he solved the humidity problem, and he says he didnt have to :he
my brother has dickys 2x2 and says humidity is never a problem

Someone on my local thread has a dickys 2x2 and he loves it. He told me he uses it for staggerd hatchs too, just moving those to hatch down to the hatching section. I asked how he solved the humidity problem, and he says he didnt have to., he runs at 50% regularly... Whats your take on this? Anyone at all please? I tried to just be polite and brush it off, but it came up as i was discussing buying another bator as a hatcher for my spring hatchs... Cuz somehow setting 50 eggs isnt enough?! :he

Cabinet bators compared to all other types is like apples and oranges... seriously... and even comparing wood cabinets to the metal and plexi ones is night and day... explaining it all out would be another long post, dunno if I'm up for another of those just yet... ;)

Cabinet bators compared to all other types is like apples and oranges... seriously... and even comparing wood cabinets to the metal and plexi ones is night and day...

Yep, too many splinters in those wooden dickys...
explaining it all out would be another long post, dunno if I'm up for another of those just yet...
wink.png
Neither am I
smack.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom