Chickens left in the dark

Y N dottes

Songster
7 Years
Sep 1, 2012
South Central WI
There was a minor inncedent when i went to put the girls away for the night......they are always roosting in the coop normaly, but when i went out there after dark i heard them clucking softly by the pop door. something or somebody had knocked it down, so they were locked out in the dark.
I got a flash light and a few of them were 'roosting' on the ramp up the the door. I think they were ready to sit the night out. After i opened the door though, they went in and i left the flashlight in the coop so they could get on the roosts.
However, there were a couple hens that were hiding under the coop, so i had to find them and put them in. They all were clucking at me in a curious way as if to ask me what happened...lol. But theyre all in, so they will sleep safe tonight.

Disaster averted!

I had problems with my automatic door opener when the days grew longer. The door closed to early and the chickens were quite confused when they couldn't go in. I found them sitting on the ramp and they gave quite the beak lashing while I opened the door. Little Sister was so angry she walked up to me, looked me in the eye, and blasted forth her hen-crow at me. I blinked submissively and skulked away in shame. Satisfied she put me in my place, she stormed up the ramp and inspected everyone's position on the roost. I heard her indignant cackling all the way to the house.
lol.png

A good reminder to always do a final check before going to bed.

Disaster averted!

I had problems with my automatic door opener when the days grew longer. The door closed to early and the chickens were quite confused when they couldn't go in. I found them sitting on the ramp and they gave quite the beak lashing while I opened the door. Little Sister was so angry she walked up to me, looked me in the eye, and blasted forth her hen-crow at me. I blinked submissively and skulked away in shame. Satisfied she put me in my place, she stormed up the ramp and inspected everyone's position on the roost. I heard her indignant cackling all the way to the house.
lol.png

Oh, gosh. Had that before!
lau.gif

Disaster averted!

lol.png

I had the same sort of thing happen to me. I was on the phone to my sister and heard the girls making a lot of noise. The door into the chicken run had shut so they couldn't go into their coop. The stink eye and the dignified stalk into the coop sent my back in shame, it was funny though.

Back
Top Bottom