Chickens Making Noise For Bed

Rebecca13

Songster
Oct 6, 2020
Hello! I haven't found a good answer to this while Googling so I thought I'd reach out to the amazing community for an answer.

My chicks (9 weeks old) are outside in their coop and have been for over two weeks. They love it in the run and love going into the coop for food and water. I've noticed at 5PM when it starts to get darkish they start to file into the coop and jump on the perch for the night. It's so adorable! I've also notice, and this is where I have the question, that they make a lot of noise as they're settling in. I'm sure they're fine, but I was curious if it was a typical chicken behavior or if my flock is a loud bunch of hens (and a roo).

Thanks!

It's the chicken equivalent of "Good night, John Boy." "Good night, Mary Ellen."

Or, maybe,

"Move over, you're hogging the roost!" "I'm not, you are!" "Would you two shut up already!" "Stop breathing on me!" "Fine! I'll move over here! sniff sniff." "Oh, don't be such a cry baby. Oh geez, I didn't mean it, come on back." "Okaaaaaaay."

Yep! That is just them getting settled in and finding their spots on the roost.
It's the chicken equivalent of "Good night, John Boy." "Good night, Mary Ellen."

Or, maybe,

"Move over, you're hogging the roost!" "I'm not, you are!" "Would you two shut up already!" "Stop breathing on me!" "Fine! I'll move over here! sniff sniff." "Oh, don't be such a cry baby. Oh geez, I didn't mean it, come on back." "Okaaaaaaay."
X2

Or, maybe,

Like.

Or, maybe,

Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom