Chickens making purring sounds?

That purring noise is a good thing! It means that they are happy and content! As for the roosting, are all your roosts on the same level? If some are higher than others, this could lead to a fight for the highest roost. If your roosts are the same level, I wouldn't worry. It's normal for them to try and get the "preferred spot" by forcefully moving others out of the way.

I can't explain in words the sounds the babies make when they start to bed down for the night. Kinda like a fast extended peep somewhat like a cricket chirping, maybe those birds are just abnormal???:idunno

I can't explain in words the sounds the babies make when they start to bed down for the night. Kinda like a fast extended peep somewhat like a cricket chirping, maybe those birds are just abnormal???:idunno
Mt girls who are adults make that purring sound 2 different ways. The first is when they are happily sitting under a bush & the second is louder and more urgent when they see a hawk or hear something that they are afraid of.(dangling preposition). I believe that purring sound is a standard vocalization among chickens. Just like the sound Mom chickens when they want their babies to come or eat this.

Mt girls who are adults make that purring sound 2 different ways. The first is when they are happily sitting under a bush & the second is louder and more urgent when they see a hawk or hear something that they are afraid of.(dangling preposition). I believe that purring sound is a standard vocalization among chickens. Just like the sound Mom chickens when they want their babies to come or eat this.
I wish my employees would make sounds as my chickens do, I have never had a chicken squawk behind my back! and yes, they do work for chicken feed!

I love my canna canna mom hen so much, I take her with me into town 3 times a week. She loves being with me in the Lexus, and is pretty much the talk of the town

thank you dear BYC friend

Back
Top Bottom