Chickens making REALLY weird noises... **UPDATE**

oh no, I had no idea hens made noises like that! Fingers crossed I mine are always sweet and quiet
fl.gif

Mine are 11 weeks old, and my largest Turken does nothing but honk.

Instead of peeping, or clucking, she honks. Every sound, a honk. She walks around the run "Honk, Honk, Honk" while eating "Honk Honk"

And it's LOUD.

my 16 week old A-lorp pullet chirped like a chick two weeks ago, a week ago she chirped, and made these honking sounds at the same time, now she just honks, i guess it must be that they are just growing up

Last edited by a moderator:
So a few days ago my chickens (19 weeks old) started honking like geese. I mean REALLY REALLY loud honks. You can hear them hundreds of yards away... If you couldn't see them you would swear I had geese. They do it in the late morning or afternoon. It's REALLY weird.

They JUST started laying, and we've gotten a couple eggs from them this week... Other than that everything has been the same...
I came on this thread today because one of my broilers who is only four weeks old started honking. Quite confused I decided to check this out. So glad it isn't anything serious. I don't mind I was just concerned. I enjoy the different sounds and so far the honking isn't that loud yet. This is why I like this site. Thankyou for all the information I learn here.

Back
Top Bottom