Chickens making strange noise near bunnies

Jul 1, 2019
New Mexico
Hi!

Whenever I let my bunnies out to play with my chickens, the chickens make a funny quick "buc buc buc buc buc buc" sound. They also did the when my friend brought her dog over. Why do they do this? Do anyone else's chickens do this?

Hi!

Whenever I let my bunnies out to play with my chickens, the chickens make a funny quick "buc buc buc buc buc buc" sound. They also did the when my friend brought her dog over. Why do they do this? Do anyone else's chickens do this?
They do that when they think there is a predator nearby. Once they have spent enough time with your bunnies and dog they will become comfortable.
My chickens do that to squirrels, birds, bees, and one of them does it to me. (she's my Starlight Green Egger, and not a people bird)

They do that when they think there is a predator nearby. Once they have spent enough time with your bunnies and dog they will become comfortable.
My chickens do that to squirrels, birds, bees, and one of them does it to me. (she's my Starlight Green Egger, and not a people bird)
Thanks so much! I figured it was normal, but I was confused since the bunnies are smaller than the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom