1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens moved into the doghouse with the dog still in it..

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pdbantam, Mar 15, 2012.

1. pdbantam

pdbantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    So... had to put my baby chicks in the secure pen. This kinda left the big chickens homeless. They just went right around the corner and went to sleep in the doghouse. The dog also went to sleep in the doghouse! They are just fine with the situation it seems. Chickens are gonna have to move of course. Can't have my dog sleeping in chicken poo. But for a couple of days it has been tooooo funny! He shredded his bed but he could at least have a feather pillow now :)
    ![​IMG]

This is FORD when he's not bedded down with the chickens :)

[​IMG]

2. FeatherPainter

FeatherPainter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northern New York
    Thanks for the laugh! He sure is a handsome boy.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Well, when your are spoiled, you are spoiled!

4. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    My dog goes in the same yard with the chickens every morning. He quickly learned how warm the coop is and goes in and lays with them. He's got space where there is no poo. They are so cute. I think his scent helps keep predators away too.

5. AHDCST

AHDCST Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Albemarle,NC
    [​IMG] My dogs will let me know if a chicken is where it shouldn't be! It is a team effort, my Mini Dachshund Ozzy pins the offender down without hurting her and my Dachshund/Shepherd mix Honey comes to the back door and howls till I come and take care of the situation. They have never hurt a single bird. They seem to know where the boundaries for the chickens are and make sure they stay put!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by