Chickens moving eggs

Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Like everybody said, the broodys especially will move eggs around in the nests, and in communal nest boxes sometimes there is a lot of stealing and rearranging going on. I am not sure what the distance is from the coop to the nest boxes, but if it doesn't seem likely that a chicken could move an egg from one to the other, you might want to consider if you have something else eating or stealing eggs from the coop floor.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi - the nest boxes are close to the roosting area - it's definitely the Columbian Blacktail doing it (she did it again today) but she's not broody- I think she's trying to get the Amber Rock to drop her eggs in the right place!

Not sure what we have done wrong. Our Goldie (1 of 6) RIR has blessed us with two eggs our firsts from the six girls. We have 3 nesting boxes and someone is moving our faux eggs. The popular girls tend to pick on Goldie so, I wonder who is doing the moving? Is this ok? We put 2 eggs per nest the moved the to 1-3-1 thinking we may had to many faux eggs? :barnie. Is this normal? Or have we missed some training.

Back
Top Bottom