1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens near traffic

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tom from Ditchingham, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Tom from Ditchingham

Tom from Ditchingham Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Here's a pic I took the other day. The chickens don't seem to mind the traffic at all!
    [​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hey! They're driving on the wrong side of the road!!!

3. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    Where I use to live in Illnois, I often had to stop for chickens in the road! They didn't mind the traffic either...not even when they got close to being road kill. Luckily, that never happened.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:There are chickens driving the tanker? WOW! [​IMG]

Imp- Mine failed the CDL test.

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    [​IMG] Tom. Are those your pretty birds?? Mine tend to venture out on our gravel road and I do worry that they will end up being chicken patties. They do not move fast. They act as if they own the road.

BTW [​IMG]

6. Tom from Ditchingham

Tom from Ditchingham Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Hi Henry,

No they aren't my own chickens but I live really close to them. They are actualy wild (feral) chickens and live on the roundabout itself but they are fed by a 'chicken man' and by other local villagers. Other than that they please themselves!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by