ChickenMasta1105

Chirping
Dec 9, 2020
Hi! I have 4 approx 10 week old chickens, and for the past 2 days they have not been drinking that much water. They all behave normally, energetic, pecking around,eating normally, but I havent seen them drink too much recently, they take a sip or too and go away. Their, droppings are also fine. Where I live it is cold but like 15 to 20 degrees recently, in winters, so is it normal for them to not drink too much? Also, there is a pipe that drips water and sometimes they drink from it.

add water to the chicken feed and it makes oatmeal kind of mash. I use hot water on cold days . I add electrolytes to the water or meds as they like a mash but not things added to water. If they haven't had mash they will go nuts when they do.

I've found on really cold days here, they will drink less than normal water, but when it warms up to the 30s (why did we choose such a tundra where I say, "warm up to the 30s" like that's warm lol) they will drink a bit more. I say as long as they are acting normal it's no biggie. I also compare it to myself - some days you feel a bit more thirsty than others :idunno

The mash idea is a great one! We feed pellets so the left over crumbs or dust at the bottom of the feeders gets turned into a warm oatmeal "treat" for the monsters who act like they have never been fed before when they see the tray

Back
Top Bottom