Chickens NOT Laying at all

I'm not getting many eggs here in GA either. I have checked for hidden nests, given them additional water sources, and kept them locked in their coop. I think that heat is to blame here as well. We have been in the 85-90 range for a while, and it is supposed to get up to 95 this week.
hmm.png

It might cool off for a few days at a time, but unfortunately, it doesn't really cool off until Oct or so.

We actually had our first ZERO egg day yesterday...they started laying last Sept...didn't have problems in the winter either...BUT, I just checked the box a few minutes ago and there were 2 eggs and another girl in the nest (We have 6 hens that are of laying age).

Anyway, I guess my reply isn't helpful at all, except to say that you are not alone in your laying issues.
idunno.gif

...here in fla--mine stopped about a week ago...stool check fine...eating well...no molt or brood...one even sat on the nest about an hour and came out hungry stress free and no egg!!!...what gives--or doesn't give?...

Must be something wierd.. I liove in virginia and all of a sudden all of my hens just stopped. Took about a week and now im getting 4 or 5 vs the12-14 I usually get.

Back
Top Bottom