Chickens not laying AT ALL!

cjulian214

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 10, 2012
Please help, experienced chicken owners! I have 6 chickens (2 barred rocks, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 easter eggers) who are about 7 months old. They started laying the end of July and for the past several months we have been getting 3-6 eggs/day. However, a week and a half ago they have just stopped laying. All of them! Not a single egg.

It has gotten a little bit cooler, but not significantly (We live in southern New Mexico). Cooler at nights and its getting dark around 7-730pm, but still in the 80s during the day. I haven't noticed the girls molting, but some of the sites I researched said that early molting hens can start to molt only a few months into production and maintain a more groomed appearance.

Any other suggestions? They are acting normal.... We feed them Layena chicken feed from TSC with scratch that we put out daily and fresh water, obviously. They have a raised coop that is 28 sq ft with 3 nesting boxes that are raised within the coop and then they have a run that is 68 sq ft and they also get free range time outside of that.

Thanks for your help!

If they free range, they may have found a spot outside to lay. Any thing change like food or a new dog in the neighborhood?

Back
Top Bottom