chickens not laying eggs

HAPPY HENS7

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 15, 2014
  • HAPPY HENS7
  • new_egg.v168221180.png
I have 7 hens and one was broody about a week ago (which I didn't want). When I separated her, the others were still laying eggs but once I put my broody hen back in the coop after her broody stage had stopped, the others started to stop laying eggs! I went from 6 eggs a day, to only two eggs a day! Does anyone know what is going on??? They started laying only two eggs a day about two days ago, the day after I put my hen back in the coop. I am new to all this so I have no idea why they aren't laying

I have one that is broody, and one that ran off which I believe she is broody also. I got 4 eggs from underneath her the other day. I hope my runaway comes back when she is done brooding.

No, the others were not going broody. I found out that ever since I put my new shed in front of their coop, they stopped laying eggs. I think they just were not use to seeing that shed while laying eggs because when I moved it a couple days after, they all went up to the box at one time to lay their eggs. Thank you for replying to my question:)

If you ever want to jump start the laying go to a pizza place and get the crushed pepper packs and mix that in their food. In not sure hoe it works but i have tried it and it does.

Back
Top Bottom