Chickens not laying

TerryWSterling

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2023
I understand that many chicken farmers are having the same issues. We will go from 4-5 eggs one Day to 6-7 the next. We have 32 chickens. The chickens molted in October- December. We give them extra food scraps when we have them. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to improve them laying. And if anyone has a homemade feed they can suggest.

Welcome to BYC! Your hens aren't laying as much because it's still winter, meaning light hours haven't increased drastically. In a few months or weeks, I'd say more so weeks, egg production should get better, if they appear healthy otherwise, let them be, their biological clock is telling them it's not yet the right time to spend energy on eggs. You can also take a look at the many articles our forum has to offer for more tips and knowledge! Hope to see you around :welcome

I understand that many chicken farmers are having the same issues. We will go from 4-5 eggs one Day to 6-7 the next. We have 32 chickens. The chickens molted in October- December. We give them extra food scraps when we have them. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to improve them laying. And if anyone has a homemade feed they can suggest.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom