Chickens on porch!

We got it from Lowes, each panel was around $40 but we needed a way to not have to power wash the porch everyday. I can link the particulars if interested.

You either need to fence off the porch or make going on the porch unpleasant every. single. time. they go on it.
Fencing maybe the easiest solution but also more expensive. You could also set up a motion activated sprinkler that you turn on if the chickens are out of the coop. Or just set up patrol at the window if you know they're likely to go on the porch and shoo them off with either a broom or loud noises.

It's fun to see them looking in the side windows or if the door is open, they tap on the screen door. Or they all go into one of the corners to get out of the wind. But man, I think they poop more on my porch then they do in their run. It was getting better as only my oldest chickens and roo would come to the door. This year however, I had three roos hatch and so far, they're getting along with the older two with one of them moved in with the Oldest that comes up on the porch. He of course managed to carouse a couple of the new hens to come along to the old coup/run so now I have 11 chickens, standing on the porch, pooping. There's big bushes besides the porch so whenever something flies over If they're not standing under the porch safe, they hop down into the bushes and are camoflaged. Was hoping to get or convert some kind of motion activated halloween device to scare them away from the porch, they can keep the bushes. It's winter, so the water spraying devices aren't usable AND I'd have to rely on delivery folks to read a sign to put the packages up front.

Back
Top Bottom