Chickens on the horizon!

Sep 25, 2020
S. Coastal NC
Hello hello!!

Life is moving really fast for me lately and I found out my husband and I will be able to build a home on some land within the next year. It's being given to us by my husband's grandparents, and his grandma told me, "Now you can have all those chickens you want!!" 🤗🥰

I've been wanting my own flock for as long as I can remember. I have a cockatiel at the moment, so I'll have my 'house-chicken' and my 'yard-chickens' eventually! 😂

Any who, it's nice to meet you all! I can't wait to be apart of conversations here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've never owned them, but I've been around them a lot of my life.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Zero atm. 😭

(3) What breeds do you have?

None, but I'm hoping to get Orpintons, Wyandottes, and a few other breeds!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love how many good things come from having them. Food, company, fun, fertilizer, etc!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

At the moment, my biggest hobby is reading. I read all the time! I also homeschool my son, so that's kind of a hobby, kind of a job. 😁

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family lives in North Carolina, right in Brunswick County. I'm originally from Michigan and my husband is from Sweden. We have a little boy, a dog and a bird! We love being outdoors and being together. We pulled our son out of school and have been homeschooling him this year and it's been so much fun!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've known about BYC for years! I've been researching chickens on and off for a few decades, waiting until the right time to get my own! Now that it's becoming a reality, I felt it was time to join! :D I've also been trying to stay off social media and find intentional communities to be apart of online, so this fit the bill!

Hello hello!!

Life is moving really fast for me lately and I found out my husband and I will be able to build a home on some land within the next year. It's being given to us by my husband's grandparents, and his grandma told me, "Now you can have all those chickens you want!!" 🤗🥰

I've been wanting my own flock for as long as I can remember. I have a cockatiel at the moment, so I'll have my 'house-chicken' and my 'yard-chickens' eventually! 😂

Any who, it's nice to meet you all! I can't wait to be apart of conversations here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've never owned them, but I've been around them a lot of my life.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Zero atm. 😭

(3) What breeds do you have?

None, but I'm hoping to get Orpintons, Wyandottes, and a few other breeds!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love how many good things come from having them. Food, company, fun, fertilizer, etc!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

At the moment, my biggest hobby is reading. I read all the time! I also homeschool my son, so that's kind of a hobby, kind of a job. 😁

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family lives in North Carolina, right in Brunswick County. I'm originally from Michigan and my husband is from Sweden. We have a little boy, a dog and a bird! We love being outdoors and being together. We pulled our son out of school and have been homeschooling him this year and it's been so much fun!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've known about BYC for years! I've been researching chickens on and off for a few decades, waiting until the right time to get my own! Now that it's becoming a reality, I felt it was time to join! :D I've also been trying to stay off social media and find intentional communities to be apart of online, so this fit the bill!
You could read to your birds. LOL. Could I suggest some White Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom