Chickens Rarely Seen

Quote:
I found some online I forget the web site but they were EXPENCIVE!!! like $200 to $600 per pare!! ( I think it was per pare
wink.png
)

Quote:
I found some online I forget the web site but they were EXPENCIVE!!! like $200 to $600 per pare!! ( I think it was per pare
wink.png
)

I believe TommyVT here on BYC (San Diego) raises Onagadori...

Quote:
Where do you find them and if you don't mind me asking how much do they cost?

Malay and Shamo can be found from various breeders (also some hatcheries), and cost varies on quality and who you know.
wink.png

Quote:
Hi
I have two brothers one of which has 25 Russian Orloffs chicks he got from a hatchery a few weeks ago. My other brother order Malays, Saipan Jungel Fowl and Shamos last year. I have 25 Blue Langshan chicks that should be here the first of May.

Clayton Grace

Where do you find them and if you don't mind me asking how much do they cost?

Hi
He got them from Ideal Hatchery.

Clayton Grace

Quote:
Hi
I am afraid there will be more of these very rare chicken breeds & varieties taken out of the next edition of the American Standard of Perfection if they continue to not be seen in the breeding pens and poultry shows.

Clayton Grace

Quote:
Hi
I am afraid there will be more of these very rare chicken breeds & varieties taken out of the next edition of the American Standard of Perfection if they continue to not be seen in the breeding pens and poultry shows.

Clayton Grace

It certainly doesn't mean that they can't be added back in, following proper procedure.
smile.png
Fear not!
cool.png
Us Orloff fanciers need to band together and work to re-introduce them. By the way... if you have the standard of perfection for them in your edition, would you mind copying it (or even scanning it) and emailing it to me?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi

Clayton Grace

It certainly doesn't mean that they can't be added back in, following proper procedure.
smile.png
Fear not!
cool.png
Us Orloff fanciers need to band together and work to re-introduce them. By the way... if you have the standard of perfection for them in your edition, would you mind copying it (or even scanning it) and emailing it to me?
big_smile.png

HI
I have the 1969 & 1989 editions both of which do not have the Russian Orloffs in them. But my brother lives only a few miles from me and he has the 2001 edition. I think the 2001 edition has the Russian Orloffs and I will get a copy e-mailed to you today. My brother has been looking for a Russian Orloff Club to join to help the breed if you know of any please let me know.

PS - Thank you for the White Cubalaya links.

Thanks Clayton Grace

Last edited:
Quote:
Nah, the 2001 copy is what I have, and the orloff isn't in there. Must be in one of the older ones, before 1969.

Someone is trying to form an orloff club, not sure how many members it has. I'm gonna email you some links. I'd post here, but I'd be in trouble for posting links to other poultry forums.
hmm.png

If anyone else comes across this post and wants to know more about orloffs or cubalaya, just email me and I'll send you the info.
smile.png

(re: white cubalaya) You're welcome, Clayton!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom