Chickens really eat mice? (pic - warning)

cool
cool.png
i will let my birds free range when i get them ... i have mice in my shop and have found dead mice in my drag car during the winter.... that has always worried me .... it would suck to make a low 5 second pass in the 1/8 mile and not have my chute open because mice have chewed my wiring

What really confuses me is seeing "vegetarian eggs" in the supermarket. So it's healthy or good to cage hens up and feed them an unnatural diet? I guess they fool folks who don't know better because they've never had chickens in their backyard.

Quote:
I asked my vet about this because I was really concerned but she said not to worry. She didn't give me any reason why, lol but so far my hens have been just fine. It is funny to watch them line up along one side of the fence and the mice along the other. They seem to play games with each other as the mice will stick their heads in and out through the fence. Most of the time, the mice lose
lol.png

Quote:
Factory farming has never been about what's good for the chicken. Vegetarian eggs are a "designer" product for people who won't eat meat or anything that they perceive as containing meat protein.

Ok, you all have convince me. I am going to encourage them to start doing this. I say start as I used to see them go after them when they were chooks but now I have one room that seems to be full of mice and I never see any chickens chasing after them? Say...........how do I think I am going to "encourage" them???
tongue.png

Vegetarian eggs are a "designer" product for people who won't eat meat or anything that they perceive as containing meat protein.

Exactly

I lose my freaking mind when I see people buying vegetarian cat and dog food.

barnie.gif

Quote:
Get yourself a Old English Game Rooster.I read in a book by Herbert Atkinson,that it was documented that a OEG rooster killed over 12 rats in one night.....What a night huh.... I guess he didn't like anything taking his hens eggs. Will

My dad says that if the chickens can get every where in the coop you won't have mice. I know that he is right. I had blocked off a portion of the coop that the girls could't get to and for the first time I found a mouse nest. I did a little rearranging and not mice.

Quote:
Well, I am opening up the brooder room tonight for sure!! we will see how it goes. I know there are two small boards on the floor in the litter but I am afraid to lift them up as I see mice run under them. Can't stand those boogers running at me.
barnie.gif
I can't get a different breed of rooster as I just got rid of all my other chickens and am raising only orpingtons in different colors.

Back
Top Bottom