Chickens see at night?

MommyGirl

Crowing
Jul 10, 2020
Georgia
Ok I never knew chickens could see at night but I guess they can! I was wanting to start a bachelor pad but maybe I can’t now! So I waited til night and put both roosters on roost in separate run from the girls and left came back outside later and heard them fighting ran out with flashlight and they were fighting in the dark and chasing each other around! It was a disaster so now they are separate again. But I was really confused how they were fighting in the dark? I guess they see better than we think!

Ok I never knew chickens could see at night but I guess they can! I was wanting to start a bachelor pad but maybe I can’t now! So I waited til night and put both roosters on roost in separate run from the girls and left came back outside later and heard them fighting ran out with flashlight and they were fighting in the dark and chasing each other around! It was a disaster so now they are separate again. But I was really confused how they were fighting in the dark? I guess they see better than we think!
Do you have any outdoor lighting? Porch lights, moonlight, cars going by on the road, etc. Sometimes that's enough for them to see, and if they can see they'll behave like it.

Also, some roosters will manage to be together in a bachelor pad once they establish the pecking order, and some won't. They are all individuals.

Do you have any outdoor lighting? Porch lights, moonlight, cars going by on the road, etc. Sometimes that's enough for them to see, and if they can see they'll behave like it.

Also, some roosters will manage to be together in a bachelor pad once they establish the pecking order, and some won't. They are all individuals.
Only light maybe some moonlight but it was cloudy though so I don’t know

They can see light linger than we can but they can't see at night. How did you introduce them? They're territorial and confining them suddenly together ends like this.
They were in the same hatch and grew up together but when they went into flock they we’re harassing the hens so they were separated thru a fence so that night was the first time together without fence

Back
Top Bottom