Chickens Sitters Needed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Roger_David, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Roger_David

Roger_David New Egg

Jul 10, 2010
    About 4 months ago my children bought 10 chicks. In this last 4 months they became 8 beautiful hens and 2 attractive roosters. Having to make a one week trip out of the country we are having difficulty in finding a place where someone can feed and put clean water to our hens and roosters. Hard to believe but in this short period of time they have become part of our family. Do you know of somebody who will take care of our birds while we out of town? We are willing to pay. I am certain we are not the first family with this problem and I was talking with my family and we think we can take care of hens when someone can’t. We will appreciate any thoughts and/or directions on our options.

Regards,

Roger David

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Try looking up pet sitters in your area, and see if they take care of chickens or would be willign to come to your home and get a quick tutorial on what needs to be done. www.petsitters.org

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    In what part of the country are you located? Maybe there is a BYCer in your area that could use a few extra bucks and would be willing to take good care of your birds. Just a thought? [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG]

Yes, post your state and also look to see if there is a thread for your state. BYCers would be the best!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by