Chickens still have not pipped!!

paisley841

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2023
I am incubating chicken eggs and lockdown was on Wednesday. Now it’s day 21 and they still haven’t pipped! I have the right temperature. Should i do anything?? Should I start turning them again??

Sometimes it can take longer than the set hatch day. When you last candled them had they internally pipped? Since only today is your hatch day, I would still give them longer. Since they are in lockdown I wouldn't open the incubator.
I have 12 eggs and the last time i candled them was in March 18th. out of the 12, 10 looked really healthy and were moving.

did you start counting from the day they were set or 24 hrs after they were set? Day 1 is actually the day after you set them..... But if you set them on a Fri they would be due to hatch on a Fri.....

I know you said what the temp was but is that going by the incubator temp or a 2nd calibrated thermometer that you have in the incubator? The incubator readings are not always right. Also what kind of incubator since i know different once say to incubate at different temps.

did you start counting from the day they were set or 24 hrs after they were set? Day 1 is actually the day after you set them..... But if you set them on a Fri they would be due to hatch on a Fri.....

I know you said what the temp was but is that going by the incubator temp or a 2nd calibrated thermometer that you have in the incubator? The incubator readings are not always right. Also what kind of incubator since i know different once say to incubate at different temps.
Ok I started counting the days I put them in. So i guess today would be day 20? I have had chickens before but this is my first time incubating. I have a little giant incubator. I don’t have a second thermometer so i did a little worksheet thing that came with the incubator to figure out the temp. I think it should be around 99.5 right?

Ok I started counting the days I put them in. So i guess today would be day 20? I have had chickens before but this is my first time incubating. I have a little giant incubator. I don’t have a second thermometer so i did a little worksheet thing that came with the incubator to figure out the temp. I think it should be around 99.5 right?
Sounds like today would be the 20th. Hatch may happen tomorrow or the following day if they've been at a lower temp. IMO nothing for you to do right now except wait and watch. I always give them an extra couple days to hatch if there are any stragglers. But watch out if there were any that didn't develop and are rotten eggs, they can explode and it's horrifying when they do.

Back
Top Bottom