Chickens survived Hurricane Irene - Run did not!!!p

We almost had something similar - our redbud tree came down to the other side of the coop. Thankfully it didn't hit the pool or the coop - but our neighbor's tree is still precariously tilted at an angle towards our backyard/coop. So praying he takes care of it BEFORE Katia or Lee get here this week
sad.png

At least you will have a chance to rebuild and make it bigger and your chickens were spared - the most important thing.

Yikes! I just had a flashback of the ice storm of 2009. Those pines laying everywhere makes me kinda sick. I built this house in the woods and after the ice storm I live in a field of stumps. Best wishes on the clean up!

If I saw a tree about to drop, I would be running out there with my chainsaw and dirrect the tree else where.

Glad nothing happened to the chickens. A run can be rebuilt, but a loss of a chicken is horrible.

Glad everyone came out fine -sorry about the damage to the run. Back when we lived in N.C. our home owners insurance payed us to clean up the downed tree, we used that money for other things that they wouldn't pay. I hope that will work for you as well. But the important question now is how long before the eggs stop coming already scrambled???
ep.gif

Wow, that's awful. But at least your coop survived. We have the same coop. But I opted for the red metal roof. Which was a waste of money. My girls kick up so much dust that it's always covered and winds up looking just like a grey roof. Oh well.

Good luck getting all the pieces put back together. Your set up looked great before Irene.

Back
Top Bottom