Chickens too small???

Pearl_Dragoness

Hatching
11 Years
Jul 6, 2008
I have 4 chickens. Bantam Wyandottes. One we were given as a pullet and she is now laying just fine. Has a bit of a temper, which we find amusing. There others we were given as eggs last year. We put them under out best layer"Molly" (she is now passed) and Molly hatched them. Molly passed at end of last year when they were little, but had feathers. I took them in at night and they seemed healthy and happy. They were given starter feed.

Out of the three youngest, one has grown to normal size, but not laying (is older than or close to 22weeks- can't remember dates)- not a rooster lol. The other 2 are about half that size, they fly and flap, one even chases one of the dogs, if he gets too close to their feed. I am concerned about their small size, as they should be close to laying age now, but, are very small. Bantam bantam's lol.

Does anyone know why this happened? They do get fed enough and the right kind of food too with variety (food scraps -fruit and vege. They seem otherwise healthy and they free range in the yard, putting themsevles to bed at night.

Back
Top Bottom