chickens tractor pixs PLZ

Hardware cloth/welded wire is sturdy and light. Don't waste your money on chicken wire. Useless stuff. The only thing it's good for is keeping your birds in. It keeps nothing out.

ok thanks for all the replies im going to make a 8 by 6 foot and 3 feet tall chicken tractor its going to have some wheels and half of it there is going to be a strong tarp and also roosts I plan on moving it around every day so the whole lawn gets fertilized
smile.png

Quote:
I like the "dual wheel" design. How do you pivot the front end up to move it? I didn't see a front handle.

The front has a handle. I just lift and push or pull. Dual wheels work great. They came from and old push mower.

I have some hardware cloth that I bought for another project 4 years ago that I was going to use on my new banty tractor. I need additional fencing, so I was researching online to see what is available and saw that most hardware cloth is from 19 to 23 gauge and chicken wire is usaully 19-20 gauge. What makes hardware cloth stronger, the tight weave??? The two rolls that I have don't have the label on them anymore, so I don't know what gauge it is. I am going to use 14 gauge 1 by 1 inch cage wire for the bottom. I just had know idea hardware cloth was actually no heavier than chicken wire in gauge anyway.

Here is our recently completed chicken tractor ( this is only a daytime space for my 26 month old chicks that we hatched in our incubator--we have foxes, coyotes, etc., so at night we move them back to the coop). It was built with PVC pipe, chicken wire attached with zip ties. I can hang their feeders and waterers, and I have a tarp to cover the tractor on rainy days. I can keep the chicks in the yard near the house and move the tractor daily. Boy do they love the grass!
15021_dscn0325a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom