chickens tractor pixs PLZ

mines kind of large (5x10), and not completey tractorized yet, but you can follow my build up here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=182554

it will be a tractor, i'll have a rod which goes through the bottom 2x6 and i'll lift the coop, slide the wheels on, move it, and voila. i'll be updating the thread soon as i get my wheels decided on.

it's movable by myself, but very awkward due to it's size and weight.

good luck on yours!!!

Mine is small 5ft by 3ft. Very easy to move. I use it as a grow out pen for new chicks and sometimes put a few hens in when I want to collect some purebreed eggs for hatching. It could easliy be made longer.

ChickenTractor.jpg

I am trying to design a brooder/grow out pen for 40 poults to use until they can go on the ground. That would be at three months.
I think it will be like this but need input.

It be a 4 four wide by 8 foot long box with a shed insulated roof. The roof slides up so you can clean and take care of poults. Then it would have a 8 foot wide by 12 foot long enclosed patio to get them use to be outsife. It will be 3 foot off the ground so I can reach in it easy and on skids so it can be moved. I am using 1/2 hardwear cloth because we have coons and snakes. The inside box will have a pan under it for easy cleaning and heat lamps or lights. There will be several doors that open to the patio. Water is a PVC pipe that slides out a hole in the back to clean. Feeder is the same way. Roof is tin, sides are 2 by 8 (2 high) because we have them laying around.
I am making this a pen that can be used for several years and moved with my tractor..
I choiced the size because I want to build several so if you get sickness or animals problems it doesn't kill your whole years project.
It will look a little like the red pen.
Ok jump right in with your in put.
I will start on building it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom