Coop tractor ?

I think I'm going to build a stationary "base" for the Dec-March stretch that's more predator proof at the ground. I want it to be mobile because these birds won't be getting more than a few hrs a week of free range time, so kind of trying to simulate that in a way.

I think I'm going to build a stationary "base" for the Dec-March stretch that's more predator proof at the ground. I want it to be mobile because these birds won't be getting more than a few hrs a week of free range time, so kind of trying to simulate that in a way.
That sounds prudent. I was thinking of doing that if I ever had to use my isolation tractor in the winter months.

IMG_20221010_101552_372.jpg

Because of the cold? I've been thinking about doing the wire floor on the coop for 8/9 months of the year and then solid floor for the
I would definately put a floor in if your temperature gets below freezing. You could also find a permanent spot for it in the winter that is out of the wind and then add temporary siding to it.

Here is my homemade one sitting empty for another month. I made a square run for them as we like sitting in with them every now and then. It's a little heavier than I would like. If I had to build it again I might try and find lighter materials to use. I just reused old lumber I had laying around from the people who owned the house before us. With the price of wood I have been repurposing a lot of old lumber.

Attachments

• IMG_20240411_182404.jpg
    IMG_20240411_182404.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240411_182343.jpg
    IMG_20240411_182343.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom