chickens tractors and high winds

Quote:
That is one VERY uncalled for and plain RUDE comment. It even offends me and I'm not the target!

We are all here to learn and people come from every background. Not everybody is going to be able to build a stout wood building and have a tractor to pull the "tractor," or have the ability to reasonably use pneumatics to make the uber coop you feel should be there. Shoot, I am in school to be an engineer too so will that give me the right to say that someone else's design is "piss poor" in such a non critical manner? As an engineer you should know you have to design your product to meet customer specifications, and in this case it is a light weight tractor that could be reasonably made by the creator.

I personally think it is functional for it's purpose and would not hesitate to reference this as a simple EASY to make structure to house birds. Just weigh it down or stake it and it will be good to go. Please be respectful to fellow members and if you have criticism, please use more tact.

This is i reply to several comments...

I got some tent stakes to start with but I'm definitely going to look into the claw some more.

The tarp does cover the entire tractor, but I usually roll up the sides in the morning so that just the back and the top are covered. I'll post some more close up pics in a few minutes to help explain.

Thanks again for everyones support. This was the first time in quite a while that we have had winds that strong. At least I'm prepared for the next time, hopefully anyway.

Here are a few pics to better describe the situation

1st we have an inside view of chicken hut, they roost on the pole in the corner, and nest in the converted garbage can, they are up to three eggs a day now! And I've since added a couple of nest spaces below, in case they decide not to share anymore.
Picture4023.jpg

One of the girls coming in from the attachable "play yard" (yes I know its just a run) And I've finally thought up a better way to attach it.
Picture4025.jpg

And all of the girls on the far side of the run, looking for treats, hut visible in the background
Picture4021.jpg

edited due to my ever changing situation

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but did you ever overcome the wind problems? I'm thinking of building a PVC one as well

Back
Top Bottom