CHICKENS WANTED IN SOUTHERN IL...

flock_4_2

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
dongola,IL(way down south)
Hi. i have been selling and re-stocking my chickens and am wanting to buy some more.
would like aracauna (or ameracauna) for sure. already have a few rhode islands, new hampshires, golded comet, so pretty much anything other than what i got. i really am not interested in any show type birds. we have them for layers and meat. i am interested in any type of meat chickens too. thanks.

I live in Dongola,Il which is around fourty five minutes from Marion,Il and around thirty five from Carbondale,Il. does that help? i am not sure exactly where marshall is...

According to Google we are 196 miles apart.

I reckon you will be able to find chickens a little closer than that
big_smile.png

Hi Flock,

Wow, we are only 63 miles apart (according to mapquest). I live in SE Missouri.

I don't have anything to sell (unless it's some mixed eggs) but I wanted to say "welcome" since we aren't too far apart.

Shane

thanks. i drive to southeast missouri every 2nd sunday to fruitland for a swap meet there. last one this year is octobers.
sad.png
so i drive about an hour one way to buy chickens. crazy?! haha. i sure enjoy them though. thanks for reply!

Flock, tell me a little about the swap in Fruitland. What kind of chicks/ chickens do they usually have? Decent quality? Big selection or just a few? How hard is the location to find?

Thanks,
Shane

its pretty good. the closest one i can find to me. it have bought quite a few birds. most of the time there is a good selection and number of birds. i have bought some there. last sale i took around twenty to sell. sold every one of them. there are a couple that breed ameracaunas(aracaunas) and always have chicks and pullets and then you have alot of small chickens like different types of bannies. i always have a good time and look forward to it all month. it is located at the jackson/fruitland exit and is off the exit about two miles so not too hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom