chickens went all day with no food or water

I almost envy you.. I have so much trouble keeping my parents out of 'my project'!! Even when I get up at 730/8am they've already fed the birds their scraps and gotten the eggs. They have a 10litre waterer and about 5kgs of food that I always fill up so they can wait until I get out of bed...

And then I get in trouble for not doing any of the work... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WHEN THEY DO IT ALL FOR ME!!!!

rarr...

Think of it that way.. at least your hubby isnt stealing all the fun Chicken chores and leaving you the bad ones
big_smile.png

Been there, done that. They will punish you by witholding their blessing of eggs for a day or more, just to make SURE you feel really really bad. The other day i took a waterer out to fill, a great big one in a back pen that i don't pass by often and I forgot to put it back. I didn't go until the following evening, so they went about 30 hours without on a warm dry windy day. I felt just horrible when i realized my mistake.

Now I go past every single possible animal container and say "Food and water" if they have it, or go do it if they need it, or say "empty" if no one is in it. so far that has kept me from making the same mistake again. Dumb suggestion but it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom