Chickens were Hurricane Victims too!

Thanks rhoda_bruce...that's the kind of info I was looking for! I really wish I could go get the rest of those birds....there is just way too many. I live in a residential neighborhood where no roos are allowed and my yard (although larger than most) is not big enough for a larger coop.
I NEED A FARM!
jumpy.gif
D.gif

I was in a nursing home at work through that storm and I would look outside from time to time and say,"omg.....there goes another tree....oh look, someone just lost their roof." Can you just imagine those chickens? Anyway, I think you should name them Katrina, Rita, Betsy, Camille, Cindy and Windy.....( the last is my 6 year old's idea ).

The thing that surprises me is the breed of chicken. I mean I would have thought they would be Minorcas, Anconas or Leghorns. You know, something crazy. Otherwise, how would they have survived? And then why didn't the preditors get them? I can tell you that preditors are making a huge comeback here for sure. Those same chickens would not be alive if they would be in the woods near my house.

Well, I've had my 4 girls for 3 weeks now and I'm pleased to announce...
I GOT MY FIRST EGG YESTERDAY!!!
ya.gif

44821_img00041-20091218-1440.jpg

And got my second egg today!!!
clap.gif

Thanks BYC for this truly awesome site!!!
bow.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom