Chickens with mycoplasma s

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sude, Apr 4, 2016.

1. sude

sude New Egg

Mar 7, 2016
    Boulder, CO
    Hi all
    This is a challenge for me to write but here we go. I started with chickens in the summer of 2013 and by that fall, found out, through Dx by vet, Dr Bill Guerrera in Broomfield, that they had mycoplasma synoviae. Fast forward to now... I have had some health issues to contend with (auto-immune) and unfortunately, since I am on my own in chickenkeeping, I am needing to rehome.

Obviously, my desire is to rehome to someone who LOVES their chickens (these girls are friends) and also have had this diagnosis in their chickens (because who would want them otherwise?) I am figuring you already have a closed flock and would like more possibly.

I know this is a longshot but I would rather not put them down if at all possible.
    They are 2 buff orpingtons and 2 austrolorps. Of course, they are for FREE. The buffs are 2 yrs and the Australorps are just 1. They are all laying.

I live in Louisville.

Thanks so much....

Susan

2. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Susan,

Sorry for the difficulties. Once you have 20 posts, you can use the free re-homing section of BYC (it's under the buy-sell-trade forum). Just make a few more quick posts and you'll have the minimum needed.

Good luck to you!

3. sude

sude New Egg

Mar 7, 2016
    Boulder, CO
    Thanks Debbie... do you mean I can respond to any post on here?
    Susan

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sure, you're a member now and can start threads, comment on anyone else's, participate in contests, etc...chat all you want!

5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I rehomed all hens but my expensive birds that got ms with Craigslist since they had just started laying in groups as closed flocks with all I knew passed on and their agreement to keep a closed non breeding flock. They just wanted layers and not to breed like me. The AG guy for Missouri said 70-90% of backyard flocks have some form of mycoplasma here and just don't know it. I did not want to knowingly pass it by eggs or chicks. Roosters were culled.
    Good luck

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry you had to disburse your flock but, glad you found a home for the hens.

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :frow

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

You are a responsible breeder. So glad you gave your girls a forever home.

1 person likes this.
  10. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I missed that you were new. welcome, good luck rehoming your birds, and stock around to just talk chicken , socialize, and Shae advice. There are a lot of fun threads, places to help, of celebrate with others. I will pray for help for you with your health and help in the difficulties that arise because of it.
    Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by