Chickens with Wormies

Fallenone05

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Hi everyone.. First time chicken owner and I'm freaking out a little. I've got a hen passing roundworms
pictured here in a plastic bag... I'm treating ALL of my hens with Wazine 17 in their water but I'm wondering what I should do now. Should I aggressively treat them and go ahead and use Ivermectin on them or?? Thanks so much.

Wazine 17 should do it. Clean out the coop and disinfect the roosting area with Lysol and you should be good. One or two treatments of the meds is fine, don't worry. They might loose a little weight so lots of treats!
D.gif
They will be all better very soon!

welcome-byc.gif

-G

@chickens102403 thank you! I've only seen two worms so far and I've been aggressively cleaning poop out of both the coop and their run, so I'm hoping I'm going to nip this before it's too big of a problem! Should I use the Wazine again in about a week, or a little later?

I would say a week.... You can not eat the eggs for a while after you treat, so it is best to treat it all at once so you don't have to wait so long. And now that you treated it will not be a problem. You have to treat preventativly every once in a while... (i think 6 months, can anyone back that up? I don't remember).

Glad I could help!

-G

Back
Top Bottom