Chickens wont go into coop now that its winter??

You mentioned the coop is kept warm... perhaps it is too warm for the chickens? Maybe switch the time your light comes on.. say 4am instead of being kept on until 9pm... Good luck....

Do you have plenty of roosting space? Maybe they have grown to the point where they are overcrowded in the coop??

I think they have enough space... its quite cosey. I will try to get some pics up. This problem started when the cold weather and short days arrived. Maybe I will try the light in the morning oppose to the evening and see if that helps.... thanks!

Mine are doing the same thing and we are in ND. We don't have a rodent problem, but we added a light. What is the best time for this to come on, and go off? I was leaving it on full time for heat, but I think this is the reason they don't want to coop-up?! If we used a red light in the middle of winter for heat would this help? Right now they have a 30w construction bulb. I've changed the timing for the night for 4am-8am, but am sick of trying to find them in the coop in the dark!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom