Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
Who says they're dumb?
smile.png
I opened the coop door up during a lull in the raindrops, but only two came out, they didn't last five minutes before it started to rain again and they ran for the coop. Can't say that I blame them! Hopefully tomorrow the rain will stop so they can get out and play!
wee.gif

well mine guys must be DUM I when to shut the lights off in there coop tonight and they look like wet RATS and full of mud too , my poor turkeys there swinning in there mini pond pens knee deep in water and mud , now there really dum cuz they have all have small coops /or turkey /dog house to get out of the weather in each run

Ours act like dumb clucks and go out even in the rain...but if it's pouring they sometimes head for the garage (we call it their private gazebo) or duck under bushes.

My chickens stay out in the rain sometimes. The Polish roo looks so funny because his crest looks like it will fall apart if he gets wet enough
lol.png

So far all of mine will go out in the rain, and if it really starts coming down hard they would rather hide under something in the yard than go into their coops.
When I first got chickens and they were out free ranging a storm came through, I got drenched trying to catch them to put them in the coop.
I chased them all over until I was sliding around the yard, until it finally dawned on me that they liked it.
Here I am trying to "help" them and they were like get away from us we're cool.
So now I just leave them all be.
I notice the younger ones I have now will go in their coops alot sooner than the older ones.

Quote:
gig.gif
What a mental image! I can just see that as a Funniest Home Video.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Yeah, I also reached the point where I stopped feeling any need to "rescue" our girls from the rain!

Yeah its funny when you look back on stuff.
That day my husband was standing in the doorway laughing his head off at me. I said how long have you been standing there watching me try to catch them, he said a good while and kept laughing, so I said why didn't you come out and help.
He says, they didn't look to me like they wanted to be helped.

Back
Top Bottom