Chickenstock at Gower's in Ranson, WV.

I can't wait. I don't know what I'll be bringing yet. I'm hatching out a lot of Sebrights and Speckled Sussex at the moment but I'm going to have a hard time giving those up. I'll have plenty of EE chicks and I'm going to try to bring some buttons this time around.

I am possibly going to come with pet quality Silkie chick culls and will be looking for breeder/show quality BBS, Paint and White Silkies. I also want to get my hand on a Sultan.

Just in the last few days I've heard from people bringing Bunnies (Lionheads), Quail (Coturnix in gold and white), Goats, Silkies, WCB Polish and Serama. Gonna be a good mix to choose from. Gonna be an awesome swap!!! People are coming from WV, DE, PA, MD & VA so far!

We are hatching, hatching, hatching...
jumpy.gif

Just in... may be some Guinea & Emu!

Last edited:
Hi, I attended the martins burg chickenstock and IT WAS SO NEAT. I would like to participate as a seller for the Gower's event. Does anyone have a link handy for what to do about goats? Also, I know testing is mandatory for chickens from out of state, but what about day old chicks? I will have about 20+/- 2 day old chicks (olive eggers mostly), and I'm not sure if I need to get those guys tested.

Thanks

I'm still waiting on a complete list of rules and regs from the state tester. I know the one issue with goats was they must have their scrapie tag. I will give them a call and get some answers for you.

The goats are actually my sister's, I don't even know what a scrapie tag is, I think a google is in order. If my birds get tested in time, I will have about 6 started pullets and 20 or so day olds if I can figure out a way to keep them warm. I'm not sure how many goats my sister wants to get rid of, but I think 2 or 3 young dwarf Nubian (I think).
She also has a horse for sale, wish I could fit her in the truck ;)

Thanks for the info. A gentleman from Frederick is going to try and bring ornamental pheasants. I'm really hope to see him their with some beautiful birds.

nunlef: I tried to bring some 1 week old chicks to the last WV Chickenstock. I called the WV Dept of Ag about bringing the chicks to sell and was told that I am not to bring a bird of any age that has not been tested. So I had to leave my chicks at home
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom