Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I peeked under my hen that has been broody for over a month now on eggs laid over the winter and low and behold, she has about 8 teeny black chicks under her! Those eggs had frozen and thawed so many times that I never thought any would hatch! She even came off them to eat sometimes! I dont even get a hatch that good form incubating them in my bators!

Just got my NPIP cert papers and card in the mail! Yipeee! Question? Should i take these chicks out from under the broody and bring them in under a heat lamp? I would hate to stress her out, but with the weather seemingly getting colder and not knowing what food they may be getting I am unsure what to do???

i think we are planning one for saturday may 8th i believe. i will put an email together and send it out, what is your new date? and is there anything else going on that i should add to it, like the nebantam club have anything going on in april/may anything going on in maine april may?
let me know and i will work to get this out for this weekend.

anyone looking for anything they want put on the want/have list?

Last edited:
Quote:
There were some nice Jersey buff turkeys at the last one, and muffi's little ones.

The guy with the Jersy Bufffs is who I got my original Trio from.. he has some really nice turkeys get nice and big for a heritage breed.
I think My Buff Tom right now goes about 30 lbs I know I had to get hubby to pick him up when the tester came out. I just couldnt do it lol.

In a few weeks I should have Narrigansetttes,, Midget, and Buff Poults stilll
The turkeys are still layiing and I am still incubating the little bug eaters. so there shouldnt be too much of a shortage lol.

Plus I still have hatching eggs available.

Hmmm, will problably end up with some, will they are available at wesford
he.gif
I can't believe I just asked that.....

Quote:
Augusta TSC May 1st.

CMBF show May 30th. They are going to allow tail gate sales $10.00 fee and will find out Sunday (meeting) if it's going to be members/exhibitors only to sell.

Those are the only ones I know of right now.

Quote:
I would bring them all in not just the babies.

she had done fine without your intervention, let her be. put starter down for them and water of course

Quote:
I would bring them all in not just the babies.

she had done fine without your intervention, let her be. put starter down for them and water of course

I think they hatched out since yesterday and the bed of shavings is sooooo deep, i am not sure they will find the scrathc. Man, are they teeny too, small as a ping pong ball or even a bit smaller if that can even be possible! Maybe i will put a plastic dishpan in there with shavings and staple a shallow plastic cup to the inside so they can find the feed. But I just hope they dont catch a chill. I will try and take some pics to post.

Quote:

I think they hatched out since yesterday and the bed of shavings is sooooo deep, i am not sure they will find the scrathc. Man, are they teeny too, small as a ping pong ball or even a bit smaller if that can even be possible! Maybe i will put a plastic dishpan in there with shavings and staple a shallow plastic cup to the inside so they can find the feed. But I just hope they dont catch a chill. I will try and take some pics to post.

what did she hatch them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom