Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good day for me. Didn't sell any ducks. Maybe will sell better in Westford next month. But, came home with 2 turkey poults! A black spanish and a bronze, I must be crazy ! But, they are so cute Of course I needed them like I need an extra hole in my head.

Quote:
we didn't sell any of our birds either. But we got the pair of Appleyard ducks that we already planned on purchasing so that was great!
wink.png

Did any araucanas ever show up? I got home, & my sick pullet was doing a bit better, fingers crossed. Do 16 week olds even get coccidia?

Quote:

Oh, so sorry suz, I also forgot to thank you for the roo you gave me. I let him out to free range in the yard while Wayne worked on the pool and he followed wayne every where. He does allow himself to be picked right up, that is why I love the moderns, they are so friendly. Wayne put him to roost with all the others when it got dark, so hompefully in the morning i wont go out to a blood bath in the coop and more squashed chicks!

Quote:
LOL! After al that talk about how we can't do turkeys, and you got some anyways!!!
smile.png
Good thing I waked away when I did or else I would have come home with some too(and probably some ducks...)

Thanks Shay, for taking my d'Uccles! My daughter was so happy to hear you were keeping them
smile.png
I told her about your project and now she is curious and thinking of trying a project of her own!

I know! I can't believe it myself! I couldn't help myself. Of course I don't know what I will do with them over the winter. I can't eat these cute little guys or gals. I don't think they could come into the basement. I am crazy!
Quote:
LOL! After al that talk about how we can't do turkeys, and you got some anyways!!!
smile.png
Good thing I waked away when I did or else I would have come home with some too(and probably some ducks...)

Thanks Shay, for taking my d'Uccles! My daughter was so happy to hear you were keeping them
smile.png
I told her about your project and now she is curious and thinking of trying a project of her own!

Quote:

Oh, so sorry suz, I also forgot to thank you for the roo you gave me. I let him out to free range in the yard while Wayne worked on the pool and he followed wayne every where. He does allow himself to be picked right up, that is why I love the moderns, they are so friendly. Wayne put him to roost with all the others when it got dark, so hompefully in the morning i wont go out to a blood bath in the coop and more squashed chicks!

You're welcome for the roo. These feathered goofballs grow on you so fast. If I didn't bring him when I did, I wouldn't have been able to part with him. He's such a ham. I hope everyone is getting along?
The blue Ameraucana seems to be fitting in. Who did I buy her from? He had Ameraucana x's and modern games... I didn't think to ask if her wings were clipped cuz so few people do that now. I felt so bad when she tried to fly up to the roost but couldn't!

I still haven't found out if the Araucanas ever showed up, and if they were truly araucanas or hatchery versions. Anyone know?

Quote:

You're welcome for the roo. These feathered goofballs grow on you so fast. If I didn't bring him when I did, I wouldn't have been able to part with him. He's such a ham. I hope everyone is getting along?
The blue Ameraucana seems to be fitting in. Who did I buy her from? He had Ameraucana x's and modern games... I didn't think to ask if her wings were clipped cuz so few people do that now. I felt so bad when she tried to fly up to the roost but couldn't!

I still haven't found out if the Araucanas ever showed up, and if they were truly araucanas or hatchery versions. Anyone know?

His name is Corey, I believe they are from show stock and are tru breed. He and his younger brother show and we had been taking about them last time. I have some of his mods and cornish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom