Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
LOL! One of mine hatched 1 out of the 2 eggs she set on. Then the two younger hens hatched 1 (last night) out of 4 eggs they are setting on, but they are still dedicated to the other 3, so i'm waiting to see what happens. I do think that they added an egg to their clutch that will be like 2 or 3 days younger, so still a chance more will hatch. Those chicks are SOOOOO tiny and adorable! OMG!
wee.gif

Quote:
LOL..you are so funny! What colors did you end up with?? I have a roo that I MIGHT be looking for a couple girls for! Did I say that????? i LOVE this cochin hen i got from you, wish I had taken the mottled also. The silver sebrite with the crossbill is doing great too! The gold sebrite roo I have was trying to serenade her, but I think she has her eyes on the little serama roo I got from Kathy! LOL

ETA: not the mottled, I took that one, I meant the partridge. The feathering on those birds was so beautiful and full!

I got several differant colors. the hen is white with black spots like the hen you got from me and The father could be the Roo you saw at Shays swap or another Red multi clored one that I have. Three of the chicks are black and yellow so I think they will look like the Hen. I'm not sure what the others will look like but boy are they tiny. If theirs any girls their already spoken for but I'm sure I'll have roos available. I'll let their mom raise them for several weeks before I place them and that way I'll know the sexes. Wait till I see your sister. I'm going to kick her but. Because of her my husband is hooked on Mini's and I now have My Haflinger, 2 Paint Shetland Ponies and 5 Mini's. My Husband got a cute little black and white blue eyed Paint Mini Stallion a couple weeks ago. We bred our Palamino Mini mare to him. He's going to be Gelded Tuesday, I can't wait. bad bad Stallions. He needs his dumb bells cut off now! It's a good thing he's so cute!

Last edited:
Quote:
not sure about Mass but there are others in NH, up north further and rather expensive, when richie( the dog guy) calls again I will get the number for you , I will get ahold of sue and see if she will send me a copy of her buisness card.

Is that Robinson Bros? I do have their card. It's just a long trip for them to get here.

I'm just not quite ready to do it myself.
smile.png

Quote:
not sure about Mass but there are others in NH, up north further and rather expensive, when richie( the dog guy) calls again I will get the number for you , I will get ahold of sue and see if she will send me a copy of her buisness card.

Is that Robinson Bros? I do have their card. It's just a long trip for them to get here.

I'm just not quite ready to do it myself.
smile.png

Yes thats who it is, maybe there is a half way point where you could meet and have a few others who want birds processed that can share the milage and such?

Quote:
Yes thats who it is, maybe there is a half way point where you could meet and have a few others who want birds processed that can share the milage and such?

That's what I was thinking.

Too bad the roo fairy doesn't want to go into the processing business. He's a lot closer.

Quote:

That's what I was thinking.

Too bad the roo fairy doesn't want to go into the processing business. He's a lot closer.

Me, Me Cindy....I have about 20 roos that need processing. They are driving me nuts....short drive!
I'm just not ready to do it myself, maybe some day.

Are there any rules about what I can bring to this?
I don't have chicken related items (except my skills as a pet artist), but I have my own cards, artwork, crafts & veggies. I suspect you are all like me and grow gardens, so not sure if anyone would want fresh veggies.
Thanks!

We will have lots to bring for this swap, need to cut back some.

Bantams:
Sultans-2 adult hens last spring hatched.

Lots of young stuff.
D'Anvers-Quail, Mottled and Mille Fluer. Some are young some almost all enough to sex.
Silkies-White, Black, Splash and Buff. Most of these are too young to sex for sure.

2 white showgirls-almost think they are both male, but not sure, she is selling them because they do not have a good topnot. They are about 3 months old.

A few pairs of Salmon Faverolles, have a couple of extra males and they are getting picked on
sad.png

Silver Spangled Hamburgs, in both Large Fowl and Bantam.

Large Fowl Cochins, have lots of these in many colors, blue black and splash. Not keeping any of these right now. So have many ages, from hatchlings up to I believe 4 months.

Also selling ALL the Guineas. Have 4 adults, believe there is 3 females and 1 male, hatched several offspring from them this year. Also a few of their keets left. Think there are solids and a few pieds.

Great prices!! Taking offers
smile.png
They need new homes!!!

Also I know these are not birds but looking for homes are all the large animals. 3 goats, 2 large horses and Mini horses. Sarah has really lost interest in them and they are just getting to be expensive pasture pets.

Quote:
There are no hard and fast rules for what you can/cannot bring, if you have anything for sale bring it and set up, you dont want to miss out on one minute of the fun and excitement.
The only thing we ask is, if your bringing livestock to please PM Shay 20 and get permisssion first.

what do you have for fresh veggies? I will be looking for fresh as my girls eat it much better and faster than store bought,
my gardne is well not so good this year, looking at all my to,atoe plants , I just want to cry. last weeks heat has made a mess out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom