Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I wont be able to come on the first of August. Is that not too close to this last date even?? Its only a 2 week intermission from the last one on the 18th, and the almanac says more heat! Just my 2 cents worth for what that matter lately! LOL

Quote:
I'm going to see if Dan and I can shoot down for this one. It will depend which weekend Drew (Dan's nephew) and Mindy (Drew's GF) are coming back to help finish off the work on the coop. If they come this Sunday we can come to the chickenstock on the 1st but if they don't come this Sunday, they will be here on the 1st. Hope they can come this weekend so I can see everyone at the chickenstock!!! The pen off my coop is looking great though! It's about 3/4 done. 12'x12' standing frame and half the wire, and very solid. When DH builds something, he does it all the way, too bad that means it sometimes takes years to come to fruition, lol. It is wonderful though and I'm so grateful for Drew and Mindy's help. I can't wait til it's done and I can take pics and show it off! We started this project 2 years ago now with fixing up the coop building that was already here when we moved in, finally now we will be able to let the chickens out into a secure pen when it isn't safe for them to be freeranging! No more worries about the fox when we come home late or hawks coming in from above!

Quote:
I'm going to see if Dan and I can shoot down for this one. It will depend which weekend Drew (Dan's nephew) and Mindy (Drew's GF) are coming back to help finish off the work on the coop. If they come this Sunday we can come to the chickenstock on the 1st but if they don't come this Sunday, they will be here on the 1st. Hope they can come this weekend so I can see everyone at the chickenstock!!! The pen off my coop is looking great though! It's about 3/4 done. 12'x12' standing frame and half the wire, and very solid. When DH builds something, he does it all the way, too bad that means it sometimes takes years to come to fruition, lol. It is wonderful though and I'm so grateful for Drew and Mindy's help. I can't wait til it's done and I can take pics and show it off! We started this project 2 years ago now with fixing up the coop building that was already here when we moved in, finally now we will be able to let the chickens out into a secure pen when it isn't safe for them to be freeranging! No more worries about the fox when we come home late or hawks coming in from above!

It would be great to see you Val!

i'm hoping this time around that someone may have a couple of young cuckoo marans pullets. i don't mind what color egg they came from just that they have the proper cuckoo coloring and pink/white leg coloring of the breed. they are going to be project birds.

unless....someone has some cuckoo marans x bantam faverolles pullets that are cuckoo in color?

I talked to Shay today and she is still having computer issues but she asked me to post to let everyone know she will not be doing the swap on August 1st and a new date has not been decided yet.

I think that is a good decision, with this heat we have been experiencing it doesnt seem there is a let up in site! All the Almanacs are saying hot and steamy ans here in KY right now they are expecting it to be over 100 with 80% humidity on Friday! That is the first day of the Breyerfest horse show and I feel bad for the horses that will be perfoming!
Quote:

Looking forward to the reschedule.
smile.png

Quote:
Ok, good to know. We weren't sure we could make it anyway. Summers are so busy, there is so much to be done before winter comes!

Looking forward to a reschedule date, I have an 11week old EE roo that I would like to trade towards a same age pullet, is this allowed at the meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom