Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again great stock! Thanks again for the turkeys Cindy! Great addition to our back yard farm! Lol Thank you Shay for hosting these great stocks! Next month we will most likely be thinning our flock (time to sell a few of the pullets we're not very fond of which are mostly bantams). So far the list is including a Mille fleur and a porcelain d'uccle, a dark Brahma, possibly some silkies, possibly a serama x roo, and if we can sex them by then, some speckled Sussex Roos. Can't wait to see everyone next month!

Last edited:
Sounds like everyone had a great time!
woot.gif

So nice to see everyone today, despite the rain!

JACG, how're the ducks doing?

noblehill, thanks again for the extra pen! The MG breeder I know is Tom Gereg of Bethlehem, CT and I can give you his contact info if you'd like it. I'm almost certain he'll be at the show in Sept with birds to sell.
Here's my MG I got from him last Jan (in the coop with my d'uccles):
29868_img_1477.jpg

Shay, here are pics of that mystery "amazing technicolored dreamchick" I got from you at Oxford...

The week I got her/him:
29868_img_2025.jpg

A couple of weeks ago:
29868_img_2284.jpg

29868_img_2202.jpg

29868_img_2200.jpg

You can really see the deep blue/red feathers he has in a few spots on his back in this pic - so many colors!
29868_img_2179.jpg

29868_img_2175.jpg

What do you think? Some phoenix in there somewhere? Check out the sparse feathering on the legs... What else *could* he be mixed with? He's gorgeous, and super sweet (and an excellent eater of veggies). I named him "Ranger."

Last edited:
Quote:
wow he is stunning, teh colors are wow, The only ones i can think that he would be is the mixed batch, ee bantams feathered feets.

Hi Shay

I'm right next door and I still can't seem to get myself over to one of your events! They sound fun and interesting. Dare I ask so close to yesterday's event if you will be holding another in September or do you stop when the summer season ends?

I'm new to the whole chicken keeping thing. Hoping to see eggs soon. My girls will be 22 weeks this wednesday (the oldest 4 are 22 wks the other 3 are 21wks).

Sharon

Quote:
Yep we will be haveing another in sept.

Edited to say
The next chickenstock is Sept, 11th.
It is a saterday this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom