Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hi as long as they came form tested parents you are good
wink.png

Oh gosh I have no idea if they did. The greys came from Ideal and the white from a "breeder" in CT that turned out to be BS (out of 4 "silkies" we got from him, 3 were cochin mixes).

Did I mention that my luck sucks? We got 6 bantams total. 5 are roos. GRRR. All I wanted is silkies, and our 1 definite pullet is a cochin mix. Of course, she's also the only one we named with a boy OR girl name (Sammy) whereas the others are Bliss, Ginny, Gaby, Sasha, and Splash (also a boy or girl name I suppose).

I'm so angry but we just can't have that many roos. We already plan to keep 2.

Could I come to this event just to look, learn and shop? I have 6 one week old chicks in a brooder in my dining room and I am very excited to learn more about chickens!

Is this a venue where I could buy one or two laying hen chicks? I fear that I may have three roosters in my brooder of six babies! Is that even possible? The Feed Store states there is
an 85% accurate sexing for hens. How could I be that unlucky?!
hmm.png
MY husband is dead set against roosters!

[/quote=Beth G.]
Quote:
we are thinking of going to shay's for the first time

i think i am fine with the lav orps... i just won ten lav orp chicks on bidbird and they all arrived alive.. so that gives me thirteen as i ordered a dozen eggs from 2 different breeders and only 4 hatched and one died... not doing the shipped egg thing again.

my wife wants some blrw and had contacted chickenlady 81- but her hens weren't laying at the time .. would like 4 or 5 chicks from her...(are you reading this chickenlady81 ?? )

however -- lavender cochins?? i have not heard of them -- i think i want them too .. but where can i put them ??

i have about 6 blue cochin roos i need to get rid of or eat... is anyone interested ?? i could sell them as a pair wit a splash hen - they at 9 months old

also a welsummer roo - i could make that a pair also with a female....

Quote:
Anyone can (and should!) come. I have 4 buff brahma hatchery sexed female chicks (and hopefully with much better accuracy than what you think you got! Who knows, you might be wrong. Some girls do develop earlier than others, and some are just late bloomers). They will be 3.5 weeks at the time of the swap. Buff brahmas are beautiful when full grown and would make nice layers for you.
wink.png

I may also have some Wheaten Ameraucanas available that are already feather sexable, if the original buyer for whom I was saving them does not respond. They will be 4 weeks old at the swap.

I have a serama pullet off white in color , 6 weeks old now, real friendly.
smile.png

Luke13:34 :

Will anyone have a clean-legged bantam hen/pullet? Looking for a calm bird for my daughter to use in 4H showmanship.​

I still have some BLRW pullets for sale, they are a couple months old and should be laying by the end of summer. Some splash pullets, blue and one black laced. Im getting out of raising chickens, keeping my turkeys thou
smile.png

Looking for a cute young adult frizzled Cochin bantam rooster, two good breed laying hens for eggs, white call ducks and a pair of oegb young adult pair. Pm me if you have any for sale

Last edited:
Quote:
i am interested in knowing what you have and buying them, i sent you a pm cause i cant talk on the nh post and was glad to see you posted here too!!

Quote:
i am interested in knowing what you have and buying them, i sent you a pm cause i cant talk on the nh post and was glad to see you posted here too!!

I just wrote back to you Chickn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom